Overnight oats are almost the perfect breakfast. They are delicious and filling with endless possible flavors. The only problem I have is forgetting to make them the night before. However, when I actually remember, I’m always happy I did. Nothing beats a homemade breakfast, especially when all you have to do in the morning is open it up and dig in.
The snow that is slowly piling up outside is making me crave my favorite combination of seasonings – chai. These oats can be topped with almost anything. Nuts, shredded coconut, and chocolate chips work really well with this recipe.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all ingredients until combined in a container with a lid. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir and sprinkle with toppings of your choice.