These bars are my new favorite snack food. They are absolutely delicious – perfectly crispy, sweet, and peanut buttery. I’ve probably had an average of 3 of these per day for the past few days. I’ve been having them for breakfast in the morning, taking them to class for a mid-afternoon snack, and I may have had some for dessert a few times. So, these are pretty much good any time of day for any reason.
These bars are great because they only take about 5 minutes to make and they are really versatile. Feel free to sub any seeds for the sunflower seeds or any nut butter for the peanut butter (creamy and chunky will both work. Almost any liquid sweetener could be used in place of the brown rice syrup. Also, if coconut is not really your thing, you can take it out.
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup crisp brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix oats, brown rice cereal, sunflower seeds, coconut, and flaxseeds together.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown rice syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Firmly press mixture into a 8 x
8 inchpan. Place in fridge and let bars set for at least 30 minutes. Cut into bars and store in fridge.