Being stuck in the dead of winter makes me crave fresh vegetables as much as it makes me crave warm comfort foods. This cucumber salad hit the spot with its creamy dill dressing made from cashews. It’s surprisingly filling for only 100 calories and would be really easy to pack up and take to class (or work) for lunch.
I got my spiralizer as a gift last Christmas and have really enjoyed cooking with it. It takes a little bit of work to figure out how to get it to work well but after I figured it out, it has been really fun to use. I mean, who knew a cucumber salad could be this fun? Cucumbers taste even better in noodle form.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 4 hours and drained
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Run cucumber through a Sprializer with the small triangle blade. Place in a colander, toss with salt, and let drain for 20 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding a tablespoon or two of water as needed. Toss dressing with cucumber noodles (depending on the size of your cucumber you may not need all the dressing).