I’m bringing you another breakfast recipe today because I absolutely love breakfast. Sometimes I go to bed already excited for breakfast the next morning. It’s what gets me out of bed, especially on mornings that start early. All of the breakfast recipes I’ve posted so far have been sweet so today I’ve got a savory one.
Red potatoes are a type of waxy potato (unlike Idaho/Russets which are starchy potatoes). This makes them excellent for breakfast potatoes because they become creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside – a perfect combination.
Sometimes I feel a little lazy in the morning when it comes to cooking, so in this recipe, I used onion and garlic powder instead of actual onion and garlic. This gives them great flavor without having to cut up anything extra. Plus, I kind of like potatoes they way they are; they don’t really need anything fancy.
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Scrub potatoes and cut into small cubes. Mix seasonings in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and seasonings, stir. Cover and let cook for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through and shaking pan occasionally so the potatoes don’t burn.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Remove cover and cook another 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender and crispy on the outside.