I can finally feel spring slowly creeping up. It makes me want to switch from hot drinks to cool drinks for my caffeine fix. The recipe I have for you today is perfect for these transition days – iced, so it feels like spring, but warm from the cinnamon. This drink is really nice because it doesn’t contain any added sugars, unlike any sweet treat from your typical coffee shop. It’s only naturally sweetened by the banana, which also gives the drink a nice creaminess. Overall, you may be able to taste the banana a little bit but it pairs well with the strong coffee and cinnamon flavors.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cold coffee
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- A handful of ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with cinnamon.