One of the reasons I love to make cookies is munching on the cookie dough between batches. That is also a reason why I try not to make cookies that often. This recipe is the solution to that problem. T made up of mostly chickpeas and peanut butter and doesn’t contain any raw eggs. Sounds like an excellent snack to me.
This recipe only needs 5 ingredients. It is full of protein and fiber and only has a little sugar added in the form of maple syrup. Plus it actually tastes like snickerdoodle cookie dough (at least I think so). I made this recipe to just be eaten with a spoon (the best way to eat cookie dough) but you can also use this recipe as a dip or use it as a mix-in for oatmeal, yogurt, etc.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse chickpeas under cold water. Peel by gently pinching them until the skin comes off.
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place in an airtight container in the fridge until chilled.