This delicious and healthy pasta salad recipe is inspired by the flavors of the Mediterranean diet. I love this recipe because it is really easy to make. All you need to do is cook some pasta, whip up a simple dressing, chop some veggies, and toss together. It’s perfect for any summer get together or as a tasty side for lunch throughout the week.
This recipe can be easily adapted to what you have on hand. You can use any type of pasta you have available. You could even use gluten free pasta to make this dish gluten free. The veggies could be easily swapped for whatever you like or you could skip an ingredient or two and just use more of another ingredient. Next time I make this, I think I might throw in some sun-dried tomatoes.
- 10 ounces dried whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if canned
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 2/3 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and rinse under cold water until cool.
- While pasta is cooking, combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, parsley, agave, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add the pasta to a large mixing bowl and add the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, olives, artichoke hearts, and onion. Drizzle dressing over the top and toss to combine.