Happy Friday! I’ve got an excellent frozen summer treat for you today. These little pies pair a creamy frozen raspberry filling with a chewy almond date crust, all drizzled in melted chocolate. Overall, just delicious. These pies would be perfect for a summer date night, a small birthday get-together with family, or just a lazy summer night dessert.
These pies come together really easily. Just blend up the crust ingredients, blend up the filling ingredients, freeze, and you’re done. If you’re missing any of the ingredients, these pies are able to handle substitutions pretty well. You could use almost any type of nut in the crust if you don’t have almonds. You could also use any type of berry in place of the raspberries or top these pies however you like.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Coconut cream from 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate chips, melted
- Sliced almonds
- Cacao nibs
- Combine crust ingredients in a food processor and process until sticky. Press into two mini springform pans and place in the freezer until ready to use.
- Combine filling ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over crusts. Place in freezer and let set for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from spring form pans and let sit at room temperature for 10 – 15 minutes before serving. Drizzle with chocolate and top with sliced almonds and cacao nibs, if desired. Store leftovers in the freezer.