Peanut butter and chocolate – there’s no denying they’re best friends. Turn them into a healthy breakfast packed with protein and a hidden serving of green vegetables and I think I’m in heaven. It’s exactly what I needed to get back to class after spring break.
This recipe could be split in two for two small breakfasts or two desserts if desired. However, if you are making this pudding as a dessert, you may want to add a little sweetener when blending it up. If you are feeling lazy, you could also just blend up all the ingredients together (except the chia seeds) and skip the layering part altogether. It won’t look as pretty but it will taste the same.
- 1 large banana, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Combine half of the banana, 1/2 cup almond milk, peanut butter, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds and refrigerate for at least an hour (or overnight).
- Combine the other half of the banana, 1/2 cup almond milk, spinach, cocoa powder in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds and refrigerate for at least an hour (or overnight).
- Layer puddings in a glass or jar and serve.