This is the best dessert I’ve ever made. That may be an exaggeration but I’m blinded by my love for apples and raspberries. This recipe has both plus a crunchy crumble topping. Amazing.
For this recipe, I used three different varieties of apples I picked up at the apple orchard. This created a nice combination of sweet, tart, crunchy, and tender. I also used fresh raspberries for this recipe because I had some around but it would work just as well with frozen raspberries. A little tip, if you wash some fresh raspberries for this recipe, pat them dry before adding them or the dish might get a little soggy.
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (pat dry if needed)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix together first five ingredients and place into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
smallbowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over the apple and raspberry mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until apples are soft and topping is golden brown.