I love this breakfast. First, it is delicious and pairs well with almost any topping you may be craving. My favorite is to have it with almond butter. Since both the pudding and almond butter are pretty filling, I actually turn this recipe into two breakfasts. Another reason I love this chia pudding is that it is easy to make. I like to make it the night before but you could even make it when you wake up and have it ready before you go. Finally, this chia pudding is really good for you. Chia seeds are high in protein and fiber and contain omega-3 fatty acids. That last one is especially important for vegetarians because fish is the typical source for most people. Overall, you should probably have this for your next breakfast 😉
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Almonds (or any nuts), nut butter, fresh raspberries for topping (optional)
- Mash the raspberries in a bowl with a fork. Add the almond milk, chia seeds, coconut, and vanilla and stir to combine. Place in the fridge and allow soak for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.