Sometimes you just want a cinnamon roll, and not a whole pan that takes forever to make and that you end up eating way too much of, but just one roll. Well, here is the solution to that problem. This cinnamon roll is delicious and comes together really fast – so fast you could probably make it right before you run out the door in the morning.
I decided to pair this cinnamon roll with one of cinnamon’s best friends – apples. The dough gets a little apple flavor from the applesauce and there are apples twirled in the center with the cinnamon. Yummy!
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated apple
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Add applesauce and coconut oil and stir until dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough into a log about an inch thick. Flatten on a lightly floured surface.
- Mix together remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture on dough and then top with apple.
- Rub a large mug with coconut oil. Take one end of the log and roll dough to form the cinnamon roll. Place the dough inside the prepared mug and flatten slightly, if needed. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar with almond milk or water until desired consistency is reached. Pour over