I can’t believe I once thought I didn’t like hummus. I can’t pinpoint the exact moment I changed my mind but now I can’t live without it. And as much as I like regular hummus, I love hummus with a little kick – like this one with chipotle peppers and Sriracha.
Hummus makes me actually want to eat raw veggies as a snack (which is a feeling I don’t get very often). It is also much healthier than typical fatty veggie dips. The chickpeas give it a protein boost which will fill you up faster and make you feel full longer.
There is quite a debate on whether it is worth peeling chickpeas before turning them into hummus. I think it’s definitely worth it as it makes the hummus super creamy. However, if you are short on time or if you have a really nice blender or food processor you don’t have too.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Rinse chickpeas under cold water. Peel chickpeas by gently pinching them until the skin comes off. Set a couple aside for garnish.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, adding water one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with extra chickpeas and chopped chipotle peppers and serve with vegetables or pita chips.