This spiralized apple slaw may be my new favorite summer salad recipe. I seriously had this salad every day last week (and sometimes twice per day). The slightly sweet dressing goes perfectly with the sour apple and the cabbage keeps it nice and crunchy. This salad is also super easy to make – make the dressing, spiralize a couple things, toss together, and you’re done.
This salad is perfect for parties, potlucks, or any type of get together. It can be made completely in advance, even a day or two before, and it won’t get soggy. It also has a lot of different colors, making it a beautiful addition to any food spread.
You don’t have to have a spiralizer to make this recipe but it definitely helps. Spiralizing the cabbage shreds it in no time (how-to) and I love the curly apple noodles throughout the salad. However, you could also chop the veggies by hand, cutting the apple in strips.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage*
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage*
- 2 medium-large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 granny smith apple
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, agave, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the green and red cabbage and carrots to a large bowl. Remove the stem from the apple and spiralize using the large noodle blade of the spiralizer. Cut into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl with the cabbage and carrots.
- Drizzle the dressing over the cabbage, carrots, and apple and toss to combine.