As a vegan, it can be a little hard to admit that I’m not really a salad person. However, I thought I might be able to change that by making a salad full of my favorite food, raspberries. And I was right! This salad has fresh raspberries, a raspberry vinaigrette, and dried raspberries. The contrast between the tart raspberries, chewy dried raspberries, and crunchy almonds is perfect. In addition to this salad being delicious, it is also super easy to make.
I made this salad with plain leaf lettuce because it was on sale but this salad would work well with most lettuces. I was originally going to make it with spinach, which I still think would work really well. If dried raspberries are hard to find or too expensive, they can be replaced with freeze-dried raspberries. Even raisins or dried cranberries would work well if that’s all you can find.
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon dried raspberries or freeze-dried raspberries
- Sprinkle of chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients for the raspberry vinaigrette in a blender and blend until combined.
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl and top with 1/3 of the vinaigrette.