I’m bringing you another granola recipe today because I ate through the last batch super fast. Granola has become one of my favorite foods, so I can’t stop myself from making it over and over (plus it’s a lot of fun to photograph for you). It’s my favorite quick and easy breakfast and makes a great, easy to transport snack.
I love this granola because it tastes just like fall. It has all the seasonings that I associate with fall – cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom. Of course, I’ve said I love all the granola recipes I’ve made, but this is my new favorite.
The almonds, pecans, walnuts, and cashews pair really well with the seasonings in this recipe but it would work just as well with any type of nut or seed. Dried fruit would be a wonderful addition as well. I think I might add dried apples and pumpkin seeds next time I make this.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, nuts, ground flax seed, salt, and spices. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil; stir until combined.
- Spread granola on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and brown, about 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Let the granola cool before moving to a sealed container.